HBsAgGi: HB surface antigen glycan isomer
A monoclonal antibody to O-glycosylated PreS2 on M-HBs, which is predominantly expressed by DNA-containing viral particle.
Overview: HBV envelope protein is composed of three types of surface antigens, S-, M-, and L-HBs, which are produced from an HBsAg gene containing PreS1, PreS2 and S-domains1. HBsAgs are heavily glycosylated with N-glycan and O-glycan2,3. Whole glycan structural analyses revealed that PreS2 domain on M-HBs, but not on L-HBs, contains highly conserved O-glycosylated site in genotype C (gC)4,5. A recombinant monoclonal antibody against HBsAg glycan isomer (HBsAgGi) was generated by using O-glycosylated PreS2 peptide. Compared to traditional HBsAg-testing which recognizes all viral particles, HBsAgGi specifically recognizes infectious HBV particles (DNA virion).
Isotype: mouse IgG1
Light chain: kappa
Amount: 50 μg
Storage:Store at 4°C for short term. Upon delivery store at -20°C for long term and avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
2. Immunoprecipitation/Separation of HBV particles
4. HBV infection inhibition assay
Western blotting using HBsAgGi (A) and PreS2 antibody (B)
ELISA using HBsAgGi-gC coated plate and M-HBsAg as a standard sample
Immunoprecipitation using HBsAgGi-gC
1. Schadler and Hildt (2009) Viruses 1:185-209.
2. Schmitt et al. (2004) J Gen Virol 85:2045-2053.
3. Dobrica et al. (2020) Cells 9:1404.
4. Wagatsuma et al. (2018) Anal Chem 90:10196-10203.
5. Angata et al. (2021) Biochim Biophys Acta Gen Subj. In Press.
HBsAgGi: recombinant mouse IgG1, 50 μg, US$700
To purchase HBsAgGi, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org